Our selected 30 delegates from Australia and India will converge for the eighth AIYD dialogue in Sydney and Melbourne from the 20th to 23rd February 2019.
The theme this year will be Activating the Youth Multiplier, where we explore, discuss and collaborate on the following sub themes :
1) Building cultural intelligence through education: This sub-theme seeks to understand how the education ecosystem that sits at the centre of bilateral relations between the two countries can and should be used to foster greater intercultural understanding.
2) Scaling our economic impact: This sub-theme will focus on trade & investments, business and economic opportunities within key sectors of growth for both countries – where young people should play and how they can contribute to building stronger economic ties between the two countries.
3) Leading policy development: This sub-theme will cover topics and sectors from bilateral policies, to understand how we can integrate youth leadership into diplomacy and policy. What existing programs and policies at state and federal level between the two countries exist and how can we can allow young leaders to become strong contributors within these programs.
The program has an impressive line up of eminent speakers, interactive sessions and exercises for delegate to explore opportunities together and shape the dialogue as contributors of Australia – India relationship.
Applications open on the 16th of August and close on 30th September 2018
- DAY 1 - Melbourne, Australia, Wednesday, 20th February 2019
Time Activity Location 11:00 Delegates meet at hotel lobby Sofitel on Collins 11:30 – 12:00 Take tram to Deakin University CBD Campus 12:00 – 13:15 AIYD Welcome by Steering Committee Deakin University
Tower 2, 727 Collins St,
Docklands VIC 3008
13:15 – 14:00 Lunch 14:00 – 15:30 Cultural Intelligence Workshop Facilitation led by Duncan Smith 15:30 – 16:25 Introduction “Australia India Relations”
- Peter Varghese, Chancellor University of Queensland
- Rakesh Malhotra, Consul General of India to Melbourne
- Barry O’Farrell, Deputy Chair of the Australia India Council and Former Premier of NSW
Supported by Deakin University
Moderator: John Molony, Pro Vice Chancellor
(International), Deakin University
16:25 – 16:30 Vote of thanks by John Molony,
Pro Vice Chancellor (international), Deakin University
16:30 – 17:00 Afternoon tea 17:00 – 17:30 Travel back to Hotel 18:30 Opening Gala Cocktail Night
Hosted by Hayley Bolding OAM, AIYD Steering
Committee and 2012 AlumnusSpeakers
- Mary-Anne Thomas MLA, Cabinet Secretary,
- Stephanie Rice OAM, Triple Olympic Gold Medallist
and AIYD 2017 Alumnus
- Artistic Performance – Churning Waters
Investment Centre Victoria,
Level 46, 55 Collins St,
To read more about the dialogue, Please download below the AIYD report for the year 2019.